The Head of HR is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The Head of HR formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Head of HR maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Proactively maintain and suggest staffing requirements and records from all functions and offices.
- Analyses trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Manage and oversee the People Department.
- Provide accurate, timely and comprehensive reporting to the management team and third parties.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Organise the contracting, welcome and induction processes and ensure that all material remains up to date.
- Introduce new starters to the values and culture of IDR
- Prepare end of employment and probation confirmation letters
- Support the IDR culture by suggesting and organising events and other initiatives.
- Support the global team with People related queries
Target Vocational Qualifications
- Human Resource Qualification – CIPD Diploma – ICS
- Degree In Human Resource Management
- Minimum of 8 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Proactive, organised, working efficiently and accurately within defined processes with
- Proactively suggest process & system improvements in order to maximise efficiency.
- Take initiative and be a solution-oriented thinker who is approachable to all staff.
- Excellent communicator, self-starting & capable of working with light supervision.
- Competent & knowledgeable team member who understands both system and process.
- Maintain strong relationships with management, ensuring discretion is adhered to at all times.