The Group Compliance, Controls and Data Protection Officer (“CCDO”) will manage and develop IDR’s compliance program to ensure that licensed businesses comply with relevant regulatory requirements and codes of practice along with managing completion of an annual Services Operations Controls audit.
The CCDO will have the autonomy to drive company-wide strategy for compliance across IDR’s offices, currently located in Guernsey, Luxembourg, South Africa, and Mauritius. Working closely with executive leadership, business leaders and other internal stakeholders, they will be accountable for:
- Execution of IDR’s group compliance program. Implementation of policies, procedures, and practices designed to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations (including data protection) across the enterprise.
- Manage the local interactions with government agencies relevant to IDR including but not limited to the GFSC, FIS, ODPA, CSSF, and other agencies.
- Maintain knowledge of changing standards in relevant legislation and regulations and adjust IDR’s compliance program accordingly.
- Drive a culture of compliance throughout IDR.
- Identify IDR’s regulatory compliance risk exposures and propose corresponding actions to the relevant company board of directors.
- Provide KPI reporting and attend IDR Group Legal, Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee.
- You will be prepared to hold the regulatory vetted role of Compliance Officer and also Nominated Officer for the Guernsey business along with group Data Protection Officer.
Group Controls Officer
- Utilising your project management and superhuman communication skills IDR is also looking for the right person to drive improvements to its control environment.
- Specifically, the Group Controls Officer portion of the role will focus on the project management and delivery of the controls framework audit and assessment including the successful completion of SOC II annual e-appraisals.
The Right Person
- These prior experiences will be seen as favourable: Compliance; internal audit; MLRO/MLCO; private markets fund structures; AML/CFT consultancy; data protection; SOC II experience.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a driven professional to expand their horizons in an energetic and yes sometimes frantic FinTech start-up business. If you want to: challenge the norm, change the way you think, connect with systems and people, and commit to delivering best practice then what are you waiting for?
IDR currently has one licensed business in Guernsey but aims to add another in Luxembourg in 2023 and another in USA in 2024 so this role will provide excellent exposure to the regulatory environment of other jurisdictions.